(ConservativeUnit.com)- Following Twitter’s unprecedented decision to delete the account of sitting President Donald Trump last month, Google-owned video platform YouTube just plucked up the courage to remove videos published by Republican Senator for Wisconsin, Ron Johnson.
Two videos, which included footage of doctors discussing various treatments for the Chinese coronavirus, were removed for allegedly breaking YouTube’s “inappropriate content” guidelines.
Senator Johnson told his Twitter followers that the two videos of doctors testifying under oath during a Senate hearing on early treatment for COVID were removed from the platform, slamming YouTube and Big Tech in the process.
“Social media censorship just ratcheted up to a new level,” he said. “Google’s YouTube removed two videos of doctors testifying under oath at my US Senate hearing on early treatment of COVID.”
Apparently, the “doctors” at Google know more about practicing medicine than heroic doctors who have the courage and compassion to actually treat COVID patients and save lives.
— Senator Ron Johnson (@SenRonJohnson) January 28, 2021
“Another body blow to freedom of speech and expression. Very sad and scary. Where does this end?” he added.
Johnson also joked that the “doctors” at Google must “know more about practicing medicine than heroic doctors who have the courage and compassion to actually treat COVID patients and save lives.”
So what gives?
One of the videos YouTube removed featured Dr. Pierre Kory, who is an Associate Professor of Medicine at Milwaukee’s St Luke Aurora Medical Center. Dr. Kory testified before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on December 8.
During the hearing. Kory called Ivermectin a “wonder drug” and said it could be used in COVID-19 treatment.
“We are telling the world this is the solution to COVID-19,” he said at the time.
The drug was developed to treat parasitic infections but has been used and recommended by some doctors to treat COVID-19. Dr. Anthony Fauci and the National Institutes of Health, however, disagree and say it should not be used to treat COVID-19.
Other witnesses in videos removed by YouTube testified to the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug that was promoted fairly heavily by President Donald Trump during the early days of the pandemic. President Donald Trump even took a course of the drug to prove that it is safe and to protect himself as best he could against the virus.
YouTube has not responded to requests for comment, and has yet to explain why the videos were deleted.